The highly anticipated Super Nintendo World theme park is slated to open at Universal Studios Japan, located in Osaka, on Feb. 4. Construction began in 2017, and the theme park was initially planned for completion in time for the 2020 Summer Olympics. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Super Nintendo World’s grand opening had to be pushed back. In early December, however, an exact opening date was finally announced. Super Nintendo World revolves around Nintendo’s most popular games, most notably Super Mario. Attractions include a Mario Kart-themed ride, a structure based on Bowser’s castle, and an immersive experience that uses innovative technology to bring gameplay to life. Regarding the Mario Kart ride, Thomas Geraghty, executive producer of Universal Creative, said, “Guests will race through the Mushroom Kingdom, steering their way around the track, throwing shells at Koopa Lane, racing alongside Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach.” According to Super Nintendo World’s official website, Yoshi’s Adventure is a ride that involves hanging on to Yoshi “as you search for Captain Toad on a treasure hunt.” The description reads, “Use the Captain’s map to find three mysterious eggs. Get a spectacular view of the Mushroom Kingdom from Mount Beanpole while having fun on this ride that’s perfect for the whole family.” There are also plans to bring Super Nintendo World to Universal Studios Singapore, Universal Studios Florida, and Universal Studios Hollywood. Each location will feature different ride selections, providing guests with unique experiences.
Chris Hong Copy Editor
1. What city is the Super Nintendo World theme park located in?
2. What kind of attractions are at Super Nintendo World?
3. What are future plans for Super Nintendo World?
1. Would you be interested in visiting Super Nintendo World?
2. Do you have a favorite character from Nintendo?
3. Do you think Super Nintendo World should have other themes besides Super Mario?
4. Do you think Super Nintendo World will become successful like Disneyland?