Kim Gyu-jeong and Hong Yoon-ju, suffering from brain lesions and physical disability, respectively, are a noteworthy married couple, as they have made donations with their basic living subsidies for 11 years. This year, the couple donated W158,000 to the Community Chest of Korea, a nonprofit organization dedicated to helping impoverished people who need community support. As their children have also made donations with their allowances, Kim and Hong must have set a great example for them. The couple said they started making donations in remembrance of the pregnancy of their first child, adding that they want to keep helping people who are much worse off than them.
Yejin Hwang Staff Reporter
1. How long have Kim Gyu-jeong and Hong Yoon-ju been making donations?
2. How much did the couple donate this year?
3. According to the couple, why did they start making donations?
1. What is noteworthy about a disabled couple making donations every year?
2. Would you ever consider making a donation from your allowance?
3. Do you think there are many people in the world that are happier with giving instead of receiving?
4. What is a life lesson that can be learned from Kim Gyu-jeong and Hong Yoon-ju?