Michael Jackson was an American musician. He made his debut as a child with his brothers by forming a band named The Jackson 5. He was a pioneer of culture who transformed the main genre of popular music from rock to pop. In addition, music critics say Jackson alleviated racism by appearing on MTV when it mainly featured white musicians. His music video for “Billie Jean” was the first to be have been created by a black artist that was shown on the channel. Moreover, he received tremendous support from the public for his hit songs such as “Bad” and “Dangerous.” After his death in 2009, he is still maintaining his popularity due to his versatile musical talent and philanthropic activities.
On the other hand, there were many rumors about Jackson. Although he was acquitted on charges of child sexual harassment, some still viewed him negatively. Even after his two sexual harassment allegations were completed, he continued to lose his reputation due to other rumors, such as repeated divorces and accusations of plastic surgery addiction.
Steve Kim Staff Reporter
1. When did Michael Jackson first begin his career as a singer?
2. What was groundbreaking about the video for “Billie Jean?”
3. What kind of shocking rumors were there about Jackson?
1. Are you a fan of Michael Jackson?
2. What is Michael Jackson's legacy in Korea?
3. Do any of your favorite singers cite Michael Jackson as a influence?
4. Do you believe the sexual harassment allegations against Michael Jackson were true?