Tom Cruise is one of Hollywood’s top actors. He was born in New York on July 3, 1962. Tom Cruise’s family moved many times during his childhood because of his father’s career. Tom Cruise struggled at school because he had dyslexia, but he was a talented athlete. He wanted to become a professional wrestler, but he gave up his dream because he hurt his knee. At one point, he also thought about becoming a priest. But after acting in the lead role in a school play, Tom Cruise decided to be an actor.
He moved back to New York and started building his career. He auditioned many times and didn’t give up on his dream. Tom Cruise appeared in movies here and there, but his first breakthrough was through a role in the movie Risky Business (1983). From then on, he continued to appear in box office hits such as Top Gun (1986) and Jerry Maguire (1996). Among young fans, he is most famous for his role as Ethan Hunt in the Mission: Impossible series.
Esther Lee For The Junior Times (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. Why did Tim Cruise struggle at school?
2. When did he decide to become an actor?
3. What was his first breakthrough movie?
1. Have you ever experienced difficulties in school? How did you deal with them?
2. What do you want to become in the future and why?
3. Why do you think should people not give up on their dreams?