Sony’s PlayStation 5 (PS5) is a highly anticipated video game console. It will be released on Nov. 12 in many countries, including Korea. As the successor to the PlayStation 4 (PS4), the PS5 will have better graphics, more memory, and larger storage. The PS5 is very powerful, but it is also very sleek. Its design has been called “stunning” by many video game magazines and websites. The PS5 has a two-tone design with a matching controller and accessories. According to Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO Jim Ryan, the design is futuristic because he wanted “something for the 2020s.” Mark Pasnik, who leads an award-winning architecture firm, praised the design as well. He said, “It’s a bold and provocative design, channeling a sense of retro-futurism that comes directly out of automotive design and film.” The PS4, which was released in 2013, sold more than 7 million units in less than six months. Ryan is extremely confident and said in an interview that he believes the PS5 will sell even more than that by April. He added, “We’ll excite fans around the world with the best exclusive games on the market today and deliver a truly next-generation device experience that will captivate them.”
Chris Hong Copy Editor
1. When will the PS5 be released?
2. What did Jim Ryan say about the PS5's design?
3. How many units did the PS4 sell within six months?
1. Dlo you think the PS5 will be able to sell more units than the PS4?
2. How popular is the PS4 in Korea?
3. Do you think the PS5 will be welcomed by the Korean public?
4. What is more important to you when playing a game? Graphics or gameplay?