Poverty among seniors has worsened, and we can easily come across elderly waste collectors with handcarts when we walk down the street. To help these seniors earn more income, students from Seoul National University recently launched a special project. They created special handcarts that allow shop owners to put up their advertisements. These special handcarts have benefited elderly waste collectors, helping them earn an additional income of W70,000 per month in return for advertisement. Moreover, shop owners have achieved sales growth by 10 to 15 percent. This project is highly likely to benefit more elderly waste collectors, as large companies will participate in it.
Yejin Hwang Staff Reporter
1. Which university do the students who launched this project go to?
2. Who does this project help?
3. How much do they earn?
1. What do you think of this project?
2. What do you think about Korea's elderly poverty situation?
3. What do you think is causing this situation?
4. Have you ever helped poor elderly people?