From Dec. 5-6, the Ryu Dance Company participated in the second FIDAF Brazil World Championship as Korea’s representative. The FIDAF, founded in 2012, stands for the Federation of International Dance Festivals. There are 79 member countries in the federation. It aims to improve their dance festivals by fostering collaboration among them. At the championship, the Ryu Dance Company performed two different dances, which promoted the beauty of Korea and reinterpreted the Jindo-Buk dance. The company won the championship title and the Best Choreography Award. The championship was live-streamed because of the pandemic. Meanwhile, the company also won first prize at the 2020 International Folklore Dance Festival, which was held in Romania from Aug. 14-16.
Yejin Hwang Staff Reporter
1. What did the Ryu Dance Company do from Dec. 5-6?
2. How many member countries are in the FIDAF?
3. What did the Ryu Dance Company win at the FIDAF Brazil World Championship?
1. How much do you know about the Jindo-Buk dance?
2. Do you think traditional Korean dance deserves more attention and respect?
3. How can Korea better promite its traditional dances?
4. Would you ever be interested in watching a FIDAF championship?